Supplying to Housing

If you are interested in supplying goods or services, or you are interested in becoming a construction or maintenance contractor, the information below provides general advice and information about the procurement process.

There are a number of ways the Housing Authority (Housing) procures goods and services and construction or maintenance services. The nature of the procurement and value of the potential contract determine the purchasing method Housing officers must follow.

Whole of Government Common Use Arrangements

Housing procures common goods and services under whole of Government Common Use Arrangements (CUAs).

Quotes and Direct Purchasing

For purchases up to the value of $50,000, Housing staff may purchase directly from suppliers who have been identified and deemed appropriate, considering fair and equitable competition amongst potential suppliers through quotes and direct sourcing.

For purchases above $50,000, but under $250,000, Housing staff must request written quotes.

For purchases up to the value of $250,000, Housing may purchase from suppliers they have identified as being able to provide the required goods or services.

Open Tender

For purchases over $250,000, Housing must undertake a competitive procurement process through an open tender. Open tendering offers accountable, consistent and objective outcomes for Government and suppliers.

Current Procurement Opportunities

For all current open tenders advertised by Housing, you are encouraged to register with and view the Tenders WA website.

The Department of Finance offers tender training for the provision of goods and services.